Friday, March 11, 2011

35.09

I read a very scary article a few weeks ago that said for women, the aging process accelerates at age 35.09-that's 35 and 33 days.  Since I will be hitting the big 3-5 in April, I was understandably shaken.  I've told J that I will be getting botox BEFORE my birthday in order to be proactive.  I have followed an anti-aging beauty regimen since I was 25.  I used to be a beauty junkie-I would try ANYTHING that was the newest on the market and then ditch it after a week with no visible effects.  I bet that I spent thousands of dollars trying to find the perfect storm of products.  The way I found my perfect storm is kind of funny.  The private jeweler who J purchased my engagement ring from put a gift certificate to Seraphim Skin Care in the bag with the ring.  When we got engaged I couldn't wait to use that sucker.  I ended up meeting my Astro Twin, Lil Cobbs, who is the owner, and finding the Fountain of Youth!  Lil and I say we are Astro Twins because we share the same birthdate, just 22 years apart. 



I wouldn't even bother writing this blog if I looked like her!

In the nearly 10 years I've known Lil, her tiny little shop has grown by leaps and bounds.  She has her own brand of products that you can buy on her website or at many dermatologist's and plastic surgeon's offices across the country.  She's not paying me for the blog, I promise.  I just really believe in her products because I've seen the dramatic change in my skin...over a decade! 

Without further ado (and more off topic jabber) I present the Perfect Anti-Aging Regimen for My Particular Skin.  Hey, it may work for you, too!


St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser

     I've been using this for about a year.  It's $5.00 and you can get it at Bed
     Bath, and Beyond. I don't know about you, but I get a 20% off coupon in
     the mail from them at least once a week!







Peel and Bleach-Seraphim Skin Care

This is the product that I get from Lil.  It's a combination of Retin-A and hydroquinone, which gets rid of hyperpigmentation (a.k.a yucky dark spots on your face).  I've used it for almost 10 years now.













Hydrating Cream Concentrate

Again, from Lil.  I've used this for nearly a decade, too.  I've tried to find something cheaper that I like as much but truly, nothing compares.  I can't explain how wonderful it feels on my face.











Lancome Eye Cream

I can't claim to have been using this very long-it's only been 10 days.  I do know one thing, though...no matter what I eat, I don't wake up with puffy eyes!  I am positive it's this cream because 11 days ago I was puffy!  I will update you when I run out, but all in all, I think Lancome makes a pretty quality product across the board.


And last, but certainly not least!

                                                                           Aquaphor!!!!

I use this on everything from my toddler's heiney to my lips.  I do buy separate tubes, though. 

There you have it. That's the base of what it takes to be me everyday (along with a small glass of Trader Joe's chardonnay!)

xoxo
Marlene
Pin It

No comments: