Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here's the Beef!

If you read my earlier post about vegetarian chili, I am totally making up for the lack of meat with this super easy, really yummy recipe for vegetable beef soup. Even though I pick the meat out, this is one of my most favorite winter soups. It's a favorite of the entire family and it makes a TON!!!

Vegetable Beef Soup
1 BIG can of V8 juice (46-48oz)
6 cups of water
1 small chopped onion
4 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 bay leaves
1-2 cups of sliced celery
1-2 cups of slice carrots
1 lb of beef stew meat

Mix all of the above ingredients in a huge pot. Simmer for 2 hours.

Add the following ingredients:
1 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of frozen baby lima beans
1 baking potato cubed
1 can of Italian diced tomatoes
1 bag of frozen cut okra (add last)

Simmer for 30 more minutes.


I love to serve this with hot buttery cornbread...enjoy and stay warm!

Rachel :)

Pin It

No comments: