Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wintertime Blues

I have got a case of the wintertime blues today. I only have one more day until the kids are out of school. I am not done shopping, which really bothers me. Still haven't done holiday cards yet. (This has been a struggle for me because all of these cards have got to be filling up our landfills...right?) I have oodles and boodles of money to count for the American Heart Association that was raised by the kids school. Tomorrow Brainy Smurf is having a spend the night party with 9 of his closest Smurf friends. His birthday is Saturday and I still don't have a birthday present for him. He has requested an Atlanta Braves jersey cake which I need to make. I have holiday parties tomorrow at school and it's my Meals on Wheels day. On top of all this I have 5 more scarves to monogram for teacher gifts and my mommy chores to do like this:

The worst thing about this old house is that I don't have a laundry room...
so the kitchen gets turned into one.
A few years ago I was having a conservation with a good friend (who also happens to be a mom of three) about laundry. I couldn't figure out why I never could stay caught up with the laundry that my family of four produces. She looked at me and said..."Rachel, winter clothes are bigger therefore they take up more room in the washing machine." Huh?!? Such a simple concept really. Jeans are bigger than shorts; fleeces and long sleeve shirts are bigger than the tanks and t's we wear in the summer. If you are somewhat fashionable, you wear lots and lots of layers, creating lots and lots of laundry. I never really thought of it that way. Turns out, it wasn't my imagine and I wasn't going crazy! We really do produce more dirty clothes in the winter which take up more room in the washing machine which leads to more laundry. Lots of it!!!

So...keep up, stay organized, and do laundry everyday! Everyone likes clean clothes!

Rachel :)

P.S. Do as I say, not as I do...
P.P.S. I would love suggestions on how to get Mr. T, Brainy Smurf, and Smurfette to turn their socks right side out!
Pin It

No comments: