Thursday, August 25, 2011

Frozen Chicken

A few weeks ago, Jen from i heart organizing, wrote a great post about organizing her kitchen. While my entire kitchen needs an organization overhaul, I figured I could start small with the freezer. Every time I open my freezer frozen chicken falls out and lands on my foot...ouch! Jen bought containers at The Container Store, but I went to the local Kmart to see what they had instead. $11 and 15 minutes later, I was on my way home with three ice cube bucket storage thingies...

before

before

after

after
The bins worked great. One has Gogurt for the Smurfs to put in their lunch boxes. The middle one has veggies in it, and the last one holds our meats. I don't buy or freeze too terribly much, so the small containers work for us. I put the boxed goods and ice packs under the shelf, and the larger packages in the door. Easy peasy!!

Rachel :) Pin It

No comments: