Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wish Listing...

It's hard being surrounded by diamonds and gorgeous jewelry day in and day out.  Having to try on fabulous diamond rings, earrings, and necklaces for work is just mentally exhausting. I bet you are feeling really sorry for me right now, aren't you?

O.K., maybe not.  I suppose I can agree that it's not on scale with being say, a Chilean miner (thank you Tina Fey-if you haven't read "Bossypants", go do it now!), but it taxes me sometimes.  More accurately, it taxes my wallet. I keep a running list of my needs wants in my Outlook under a contact aptly titled Marlene-Wish List!  Luckily, my boss (who is actually a very, very close friend of mine and J's) knows where to find it in a gift emergency.  The wish list in my Outlook is reserved for things that require long term saving (long term being 2 months or more).  Recently, I have crossed two things off of that list:  the stack ring J got me for my birthday and 1.50 carat stud earrings. These were a gift to myself because it was too good a deal to pass up.  Honestly, it was such a good deal that J. didn't even argue. Other things on the list are as follows:



I'd like two of these to go on either side of my birthday ring!

Although diamonds are a girl's best friend (or in Rachel's case, her best friend is a miter saw), it's not always feasible to run out and purchase this stuff.  There are plenty of fantastic fakes. Sshhhhhh....now you are my confidant.  Don't EVER tell anyone I said that!  There are also plenty of pieces that make an outfit and don't fall into the fine jewelry category.  Here is an example of two great fakes that I have fallen in love with:


Layering these together would look amazing!  



This necklace would look so good with anything!  And it's only $29.99!!!

I love lists.  I really don't get much done without them.  Even having a ridiculous list of jewelry wants keeps me focused on what is truly my style and worth investing in.  The little no-brainers like the turquoise necklace above are fun and playful and really don't require much thought at all!  The best metaphor is this:  diamonds are the Theory little black dress you can wear for years.  The turquoise necklace is the scarf you buy each season to change it up and keep if fresh!  Do you have a wish list?  What's on it?


XOXO,
Marlene





Pin It

1 comment:

Vegan Recipes said...

Hi, thanks for posting this