Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday's Find and More!

Our local Habitat ReStore is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I try to go once a week, but sometimes we get so busy the days fly by and its Sunday before I realize I never made it. Last week I took a girlfriend for her very first ReStore experience. $10 later, I walked out with these...


My goal is to make them look like this:
Antique Mercury Glass Table & Bedside Lamps
Pottery Barn

I know they are not beautiful yet, but I love their size and shape. Mr. T said we needed more lamps (can't you hear the sarcasm?!?) So, for now, they are hanging out in the attic but I have a feeling they will make an appearance sooner rather than later.

On another note, I was able to get a bunch accomplished yesterday, including whipping up these two cuties for my very favorite BFF. A little bright for me (I am still scared of color) I think they will be just what she's looking for.




And last...the Photography Challenge. Day 2. What You Wore Today. Hear you go...


Seriously. I can't take pictures of myself forever. I managed to figure out the self timer. And I managed to cut my head off. Maybe I'll find it before Monday. Have a GREAT weekend!

Rachel :) Pin It

3 comments:

Just Spiff It said...

Those lamps are lovely! Can't wait until you do your magic on them - they will be perfect!! I picked up some lamps for 5 bucks at a garage sale - my goal was to make them have the Adan Gray look. http://justspiffit.com/2011/08/13/guest-room-lamps/ Now I will be on the outlook for more lamps to try this mirror finish!
I love reading your blog - great info!

brokeintrovert said...

Come visit me; I gave you an award!

Moms Crafty said...

Rach! I want those two pillows! Just went fabric shopping on friday and looked for that yellow ikat-ish pattern as well as a yellow and white chevron but no luck. You'd think Atlanta would have these with all the awesome fabric stores, right? No luck. Have to order online. Can I hire you to make me some pillows for reals?