Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vodka. I Need Lots and Lots of Vodka.

I try to start thinking about holiday gifts in advance, picking up a few things here and there. This year, I'm giving handmade gifts to everyone: Mr. T, my parents and in-laws, aunts and uncles, siblings, and nephews and nieces. I'll be writing about it every step of the way. My mom has already given me her list: bread boards, vintage themed flour sacks, and redneck wine glasses. I began this week working on one gift because it takes a few months...


I started with Bourbon Vanilla Beans from Beanilla.


Then ordered glass bottles from Specialty Bottle Company.


I cut the vanilla beans into half,
then sliced them in half down the length of the bean.
After I opened them up, I placed 4 quarters in every bottle.


When I was done with the beans I filled the bottles with...you guessed it...vodka.
Lots and lots of vodka.


After it steeps for the next few months, I will have tons of bottles of
Homemade Vanilla Extract to pass out to family and friends.
Just in time for holiday baking!


the awesome labels are from My Own Labels

So...I've decided to take a little break from the photography challenge...going to blog less and work more...you know the saying..."worker smarter, not harder"...see you next week!

Rachel :)

to give credit where credit is due...this wonderful project came from Elaine at The Italian Dish.





 
 
HookingupwithHoH
Pin It

1 comment:

Marie said...

What a perfect gift! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Hope you’re joining us again this week!
http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/10/show-share-8.html

Marie
Mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com