Sunday, September 4, 2011

Skirted Sink

Did you read this post about my most favorite of all time kitchen? Here's another picture...


for the love of a house
Oh how I heart the linen skirt under her kitchen sink. Such an easy fix to break up lots of bottom cabinetry...genius! I pulled out the sewing machine (technically it was out because of these...) and got to work...before...




and after...




This was a cheap and simple project...the best kind! I removed the cabinet doors, sewed a rectangle from 2 yards of burlap with a hem at the top to thread a tension rod through. The burlap was $7.20 (I had a 40% off coupon from Hancock Fabric) and the tension rod was $5.99 from Kmart. I could have gotten one for $2.99, but wanted one a little more sturdy. I'll let you know how it holds up. The shot today for the Photography Challenge has to be from a high angle. One more of the kitchen...



Happy Sunday!!

Rachel :)



 




 
 
Pin It

4 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Great idea! I have a place in my laundry room that actually NEEDS this treatment. Thanks for sharing your project. I saw your post at DIY Design blog party. Your pictures are very good too!

Anonymous said...

This I could do in my kitchen. No, I'll make you come up one weekend and do it for me! How bout a pretty black and white toile skirt to go with our wacky black and white floor? :) pen

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I adore your white kitchen! Beautiful job on the skirt!! And, you had great inspiration!! Can't go wrong there. Found you via Remodelaholic. Toodles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! I have this on my list of things to do!

Jo @ SmileMonsters