Thursday, September 29, 2011

DIY Moss Wreath

Yes...I know...yet another Pinterest inspiration picture...someone please tell me why I didn't come up with the whole Pinterest thing...anyway...

You already know the story. Girl sees a picture on Pinterest. Girl loves picture. Girl attempts to create picture on a super small budget. The End.

Inspiration...

Pinned Image
source
You can buy one of these beautiful wreaths on Etsy for about $$$. Or you could make your own. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it though...I'm just sayin'...you know...yo...

I started with an 18 inch grapevine wreath from Michaels. I like the Michaels grapevine a lot better than the ones from Hobby Lobby. I think they are thicker and rounder. Or maybe just less picked over. Or maybe I got lucky and was there on a good day...


Add a BIG bag of spanish moss...


and some awesome hot glue...


With a half a yard or so of burlap you can make a jam up bow...

And 3 little white pumpkins complete the look...


The finished product...



I love how the twigs of the grapevine peak through the moss...



Here's the breakdown of the cost...

Grapevine Wreath $4.99 with 50% off coupon...$2.49
1/2 Yard Burlap at $3.99 with 40% off coupon... $1.20
Big Bag of Moss at $5.99 with 40% off coupon...$3.60
3 white pumpkins at $1 each...$3

Total Cost... $10.29 plus tax, tag, and title

Now you know you don't have to take out a second mortgage to have a pretty front door!

Rachel :)

seriously though...Hancocks, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joannes accept competitor coupons. You can't use your phone (yes, I've tried)...you have to go old school and print out the coupon on actual paper so they can mail it to their corporate office or something like that. I try to plan ahead and buy what I need on weeks that I can find 50% and 40% off one item...good luck!

southern hospitality
Pin It

3 comments:

Ginger said...

This is really simple and beautiful and elegant. Love it!
Ginger over at The Savvy Shanty

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Sooo pretty, and like Ginger said, elegant! I have all the stuff to make this except the actual "wreath" thingy. I even found bags of moss just like that at the dollar store in the craft section! SCORE! Thanks for the beautiful idea. I'm following.♥

miss b said...

I've just stumbled across your blog and found this post - these are lovely - really stylish! Thanks for the ideas.

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/