Monday, April 25, 2011

Blank Canvas

The old washer and dryer are gone...the hoses and cords are gone...the holes have been patched...and here's what I have...




I am super excited! After looking and thinking and thinking and looking...I am using this as my inspiration:

040
Aubrey + Lindsay

I LOVE it...it's perfect...it makes me happy! While I don't know the details yet, I do know a few things:

1. I am going to make my aunt proud and tackle this project by myself. That's right. Just me. I haven't taken the beloved miter saw out in a while, so it's time to put my thinking cap on.
2. It will be 76" wide (wall to wall), but not be built in.
3. It will have legs.
5. It will be 15" tall with a 4" upholstered cushion on top. Yep...I'm going to do that too! I want it to be sofa like so the Smurfs can stretch out on it.
6. It will be 24" deep.
7. It will either have a pull up top with a piano hinge, front cabinets, or open storage. Like I said...I don't know the details yet.

I've got a kitchen banquette to design...see you in a few weeks!

Rachel :) Pin It

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Go for it! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out! And I'm honored that you picked our kitchen bench as your inspiration. :) xo