Saturday, April 2, 2011

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery

I have a friend I'll call Memily (I promised her I would withhold her name so her husband doesn't get mad).  She loves designer sunglasses and I swear she has gotten a new pair every Christmas for the last 3 years.  This year she got a rocking pair of Tom Ford glasses.  I've been coveting them and trying to figure out how I can score my own pair without having to pay $285.00.



I am a sucker for big black shades. Here's where the story gets good.  I went to the mall last week (imagine that) and passed one of those sunglass kiosks.  The glasses were 2 for $25 or 1 for $15.  I stopped dead in my tracks and here's what I saw:



They are so close!  The lenses are kind of purple but I can live with them for a while-especially for $15!
We had dinner with Memily and her husband last night.  I ran up and showed her my glasses (I had already told her about them) and she started whispering, "No! Put them away!  You're going to get me in trouble!  I always cover for you!"  I know her husband, though and he wouldn't care if he could have saved $270.00.  He wants his Memily to have whatever her heart desires.

 She did accused me of trying to switch our glasses during dinner, though...

XOXO,

Marlene 

Pin It

1 comment:

Accessorize and Organize said...

WHAT!?!?!? you have other friends???...