Monday, April 11, 2011

Modern Day Fairy Tale

Once upon a time there was a couple. They were married two years when they bought their first sofa together. The one thing they agreed on was no flowers. When the young wife went furniture shopping without her groom, she came home with not one, but two red floral sofas. The groom loved his young wife so much he never said a bad word about the red floral sofas she loved. They lived happily ever after...or for about seven years until the red floral sofas had run their course and the young wife decided she didn't like them anymore...

I am sure you all have heard this story before. You love. You buy. You live. You have declining feelings about the purchase you once loved so much...When Mr. T and I moved into our old house a few years ago, we knew it was time to let the red floral sofas go. We went back to our original rule, no flowers, but added a new rule this time: neutral. It is a lot easier and cheaper to change a throw pillow than it is an entire sofa. We chose a tweed fabric with pale blue, gold and grey woven colors. When you step back it looks more like a wheat, but the colors are subtly there. Our pillows are solid blue with blue and gold fringe. I am always on the lookout to add more pillows, but never seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

I had a cut and paste session this morning. Here is what I came up with:

original pillows
decent

hmmmmmm

roof!

makes my eyes hurt

Mr. T is NOT a fan of animal prints...or flowers
Yes, I know this is completely bootleg, but I am not near techy enough to cut and paste in the computer. I can however scan a picture! While I'm still undecided on pillows, I do know that when I see them, I'll love them. At least for a little while...

Rachel :) Pin It

No comments: