Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Airplanes and Boobs

Now that I have your attention, I have a very serious questions to ask...


What do airplanes and boobs have in common?


Seriously. I might be the only person who knows the answer to this crazy question. Apparently, they were both loved by the previous owners of our old house. Why? do you ask...because every light fixture they installed during their tenure here strongly resembles either parts of an airplane or parts of a woman's anatomy...a.k.a...the breasts. Here's the tour (all pictures are appropriate for young children):

airplane nose and propeller

airplane rear exhaust

nose of a plane or breast?...you decide

different angle

the hallway has a matching set...lucky us!

in the bathroom
The parts...a.k.a. lights...in the hallway and bathroom don't bother me as much as the ones in the kitchen. They are so random and oddly placed that I never really knew what to do with them. Imagine my delight when Young House Love blogged recently about a really odd light in their house. When it died, they took it down and bought a $2 white cap to close off the box and are going to leave it for a while. Here is their after picture:

Young House Love
I never knew such a thing existed! I am super excited!! Guess what Mr. T is going to do this weekend...he is taking down the airplane propeller that hangs over my head when I am washing dishes! While it will be semi temporary (meaning it will not be there permanently but for a while), I am looking forward to decluttering the ceiling in there!

Rachel :) Pin It

No comments: