Tuesday, April 19, 2011

As the House Turns

I've been rambling for a few weeks now about changes and switches we've been doing in our old house. Remember this post about the wonderful sewing closet Mr. T built for me last summer? At some point it went from looking wonderful to looking like this:

real life is not always pretty!
My wonderful sewing closet had turned into a...gasp...junk closet! Truth be told, I wasn't sewing too much and when I was it was bigger projects that required the use of the dining room table. I would take everything I needed out...and then shove it back in. Since it looked like this for a while we decided to "downsize." I went through all of everything in the closet and made some decisions. We had two coat closets we merged into one and turned our other coat closet into this:


With all of the switcheroos going on, we now had an empty closet. Here is what it looked like:

not entirely empty, but you get the point.
this wood was given a coat of stain and a new life in the cloffice!
It was the perfect size and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! Stay tuned...

Rachel :) Pin It

1 comment:

Shan said...

You should totally link this one up to Roomspiration's Closets & Nooks as well! This is really impressive! Way to go! :)I love the fabric skirt you used & very organized! :)