Saturday, November 5, 2011

10 Miles From youknowwhere and More...

I would sit here and say, "What a week..." but I'm pretty sure I said that last week. And the week before. And maybe the week before that. You get the picture. If you are keeping up, things in Shan's family room are looking great. Really great. I wish I could sit here and say it was finished, but little things (that turn big) keep popping up, so it will probably be another week or two...yikes!

The super fun deck that I worked on a few weeks ago was featured yesterday by Michelle from Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust. Thanks Michelle!! You can check out her Fabulous Friday Favorites here!

It not so fun news, I've maybe, kinda, halfway decided to maybe run a half marathon next weekend. I decided this...oh...8 days ago, giving me about 14 days to train. Not fun. At all. Yesterday my little running crew ran 10 miles (yes...10) and it stunk. Like poo. I don't know if it was the weather, the wind, or the lack of sun, but it was a looooooooong 10 mile run. If you've ever run a race, feel free to through some inspiration my way. I'm not really feeling it these days.


This was my first half marathon at mile 13. While I was smiling in this picture, by the time I got to mile 13.1, I was in tears and the old man in the blue jacket passed me before the finish line. You can't really tell from this picture, but I'm pretty sure he was at least 112 years old or something like that...just saying...this is what I felt like yesterday...



I didn't look as cool as her, but I was feeling a bit like this...argh!!!

Rachel :)
Pin It

No comments: