Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins and More...

When the weather gets nice, my attention span tends to not function, resulting in DIY overload. It happened this weekend. I started by deciding that the table in the breakfast nook was too dark and maybe I needed to strip it...




I should have been doing laundry...


Or cleaning the kitchen...


But when I sat down at the computer and pulled up Pinterest (hello...I have a problem), I saw some pumpkin muffins that I had to make. That minute. Thank goodness I had everything I needed, because I never over buy when Publix has awesome B1G1...hmmmmmm....

You will need a whopping two ingredients...


Canned pumpkin and cake mix...that's it! The recipe calls for Golden Yellow. All I had was Butter Golden...Butter=Good...


I mixed them together with my mixer from 1974. That's right. 1974. Don't hate. It's a MixMaster with a Burst Of Power. When my mom and dad married, my grandfather thought every good southern woman should have a mixer. So he bought this one for my mom. When I moved into my first apartment, I inherited the mixer. It rocks my socks. Seriously. Mixing is a lost art...as is sanding...




Mix and divide.  



Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.



When they come out, they will be as awesome as these...just add a little powered sugar. Or turn into Martha Stewart and make some homemade cream cheese icing. I had laundry and cleaning and sanding calling my name...

Rachel :)


Pin It

3 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Those muffins look great and I bet the house smelled fantastic! I'm really excited to see what you do with your table, I have an almost identical one in our kitchenette and I've had the urge to paint it.♥

Blissful & Domestic said...

so yummy!

I do spic cake mix, canned pumpkin, and chocolate chips for cookies, but this is even better. 1 less ingredient, Thanks for sharing. I will try this out

Anonymous said...

oh my werd. I am making these TODAY. :) Penny