Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Little Something Extra

I love helping friends with projects around their house. Some ask for it...like my dear friend Shannon...most don't...like my advise to Penny about her stairs. Shannon is currently working on changing the color pallet in her house from reds and greens to more neutral blues and browns. I really don't know why she wants my input...the girl has got killer taste and the talent to go along with it. Plus her husband is super handy. Together they make a GREAT combination. She is currently working on her family room and foyer. Her family room has a wall of fantastic built ins. I've seen so many great looks recently using blues and paint or wallpaper. Here are a few...

Houzz
I LOVE this room. Neutral seating. The pillows are Ralph Lauren that TJ Maxx has had the past few weeks. Pottery Barn also makes them and you can find them at an outlet. The coffee table would be a super easy built for Shannon's husband. The teal adds a great pop of color that brightens things a bit.

Little Nanny Goat
I also love the idea of a wallpaper, painted stencil, or fabric behind shelves. It looks great when painting the same color that is in the rest of the room and stenciling in a contrasting color. Stenciling can be more time consuming than wallpaper, but is a lot cheaper which is always good on the check book.

A few other pieces of inspiration for her family room are:

Tobi Fairley

and for a pop of color...

Palmer Weiss

Design A Glow

Centsational Girl

You call follow our board on Pinterest to check out our other ideas. Stay tuned to see what great design she comes up with. I hope she'll let me share!!

Rachel :) Pin It

1 comment:

Becca Bertotti said...

Yummy inspirational pics! I look forward to seeing the reveal!