Friday, October 29, 2010

How are we friends?

Rachel and I have been friends for almost 15 years now.  Along the way we lost touch, but for about 8 years we've been solid.  We could not be more different in our interests.  I know I can count on her for menu planning and exercise advice and she knows she can count on me to identify the designer watch she must have (and make sure she receives it for her anniversary) with just a glance. 

We started this blog because we are both really good at what we do!  She is excellent at organization, DIY projects, saving money and decorating her home.  While I rock at putting together a wardrobe and accessorizing it (I am a private jeweler by trade http://www.ascotdiamonds.com/ for those interested), finding out the newest restaurant or store opening, or the latest thing in skin care, I am terrible at homemaking. If you put us together, you would have the perfect woman.  We talk about 5 times a day and my husband says that one day Rachel and I will just live together.  I always respond that we would have a gorgeous house and fabulous wardrobe!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of being a disorganized mess.  I make several attempts a year at turning over a new leaf.  Please see exhibits "A" - "C" as to why I have multiples of a lot of things in my closet.  I usually can't find anything in here.

 To be fair, my father does own a shoe store. You're welcome, Dad.




When we put our house on the market last year the real estate agent suggested that I put my "off season" clothing in another closet to make it seem like there was more room.  He was astounded that I already do that.

I hope that by having Rachel put her ideas and tips on "paper", I will learn something.  Maybe she will learn something from me and stop wearing those shoes that start with a "V".


Marlene
Pin It

No comments: