Monday, May 2, 2011

Gotta love Target

As I am sure most of you are aware, Target has been doing capsule collections with major (and some not so major, which is cool) designers for several years now.  Although I can't say that I have ever purchased anything from one of these collections, I absolutely love the concept and idea.  High end designers collaborating with Target to make fashion affordable for everyone is fantastic.

The collection released yesterday is beyond...just beyond.  Calypso St. Barth has done a collection of womens' and children's clothing and home goods!  Here's the back story to explain my excitement.  A few years ago I read an article about a perfume.  It was by Calypso St. Barth.  Supposedly the perfume was the most beautiful scent ever created.  I am so weird about my perfumes and smells in general that I became intrigued and wanted to smell it for myself.  J and I went to Boston for a long weekend and were shopping on Newbury Street. There before my eyes was a Calypso store!  I dragged him in against his will.  I immediately became enchanted.  I am a total beach girl and everything about this store screamed "luxury beach resort!"  Instant love!  I didn't buy anything that day, but Calypso has never been far from my mind.  Now, for a limited time, I can buy their products at  TARGET!!!!!

Here is my favorite dress from the collection:


Here is my favorite dress from their regular collection:


With summer knocking on our door, either of these dresses would be perfect for day or night!  Especially with these adorable espadrilles!


Happy Shopping!

xoxo,
Marlene





Pin It

No comments: