Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let there be light!

My lamps from JC Penney came in!  They are even more perfect in person...what a fantastic surprise.  I went to Ikea and got two white drum shades ($10 each) and then had to buy two lamp harps and finials (a total of $25).  So, all in, I am at $54.50 per lamp.  I plan on getting some light grey grosgrain ribbon for the bottom edge of each shade. Here are a couple of pictures of my newest bedroom accessories!

I can't express how satisfied I am with this purchase!  You may be able to tell from all of the exclamation points I've used in this post!!!

I'm no photographer.  Add in a broken flash and one naked toddler, it's not the world's greatest photo.  You can get a glimpse of my bed, though.  It's an upholstered headboard that has been recovered about 10 times (currently in a very basic natural linen) and a mantle that my dad had made for us. I still need a duvet cover and just won't pull the trigger and get one.  Also, I can't figure out what to do on either the mantle or the wall above it.  I am open for suggestions if you have some!

xoxoxo
Marlene

Pin It

No comments: