Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello Providence!

Have I ever mentioned that I love trains? I mean LOVE trains! I'm not really sure why...cars are fine. I hate flying. I absolutely love train travel. Last summer the Smurfs and I took Amtrak from NYC to Boston and it was the best 4 hour ride ever! So, imagine how thrilled I was when Sarah and I decided to take a train Sunday from Boston down to Providence, RI. Beyond excited!! I had been through Providence before...the Amtrak ride from NYC to Boston went through there and it is so beautiful! Exploring Providence on foot was the perfect way to spend my last day in the northeast. We toured Brown University, the College Hill Neighborhood, Providence Place, Downtown, the Financial District, and the State House. Wonderful day! Wonderful architecture! Wonderful friends!

on the train to Providence

First Baptist Church in America circa 1638

John Brown House

Brown University
College Hill Neighborhood

Row Houses in College Hill

Providence Place


CIty Hall

Downtown Providence

Rhode Island State House


If you look really close at the last picture you can see Sarah's husband J at the podium in the center. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he runs for president one day. I told him I'd be his campaign manager so I figured I'd go ahead and get a jump on the competition...

J for President
2032

I thought this would make a great picture for the side of his campaign bus. Especially with the Independent Man on top of the dome...Here's a bit of my nerdy trivia for you: The Rhode Island State House has the 4th largest self-supported marble dome in the world. It is in good company with the Vatican, Taj Mahal, and the Minnesota State House as the top three. Impressive...

Rachel :) Pin It

No comments: