Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Find

I can't go longer than a week ago without venturing into some sort of antique, thrift, junk, salvage store. Call them what you want...I HEART them. Because of this, and because of all the cool things I find, I am going to start a weekly series called "Friday's Find" to share my rummaging experiences with you. Sometimes I buy. Sometimes I don't. I have a board on Pinterest called "Things to Hunt For" if you ever want to see what I'm looking for. It's the stuff I'm not looking for that gets me.

I've wanted a runner for our kitchen for some time. For a while I had my heart set on the Farrah Rug from Ballard Designs. I waited and waited for it to go on sale. I waited so long they discontinued it. I even stalked Dana over at House Tweaking to see if she would keep an eye out for one at the Ballard Outlet near her house (I'm pretty sure I now can't go within 1000 feet of her house...) Unfortunately, she doesn't want to be my personal shopper or my best friend, so I'm still stuck with Marlene (who wouldn't even call the Ballard Outlet near her house). Turns out the Farrah Rug is back in. I'm keeping it on the back burner...because here's what I found yesterday...





It's a 9 foot, large weave, sisal rug from The Company Store. I got so excited and called Marlene who said, "The Company Store has rugs?" Whatever. It's still a little janky from being rolled up, but it is beeeeeuuuuutiful and in great condition. I HEART my favorite thrift store!

Rachel :) Pin It

No comments: